Kilmersdon International Film Festival
Festival opened with:
Eliminate: Archie Cookson
Debut feature film from British director Rob Holder who will be at the festival especially to introduce the film and take part in a Q & A session.
- "Just a line to offer congratulations for a great festival and to thank you and all the other committee members for all your hard work. We saw A Separation on Saturday evening – the highlight of my weekend as I was overwhelmed by it, particularly the extraordinary acting. Also I can’t remember a more relaxing Sunday morning – starting with a leisurely swim, followed by brunch, concluding with a new film and all completed by 2 o’clock!" - MH, Frome
- "We would just like to congratulate you all on a brilliant weekend. We admire you all for taking on such an ambitious project and pulling it off so triumphantly! What a fascinating choice of movies, which left us with much to think about. And you managed to get the sun to shine as well, which was little short of miraculous!" - J&RW, Kilmersdon
- "I imagine that most of you felt this morning that you had walked every step of the way to Santiago de Compostella but I hope that you all managed to enjoy it as much as Reel People members and visitors did. It was a wonderful programme (hard to choose between things sometimes) and a really great atmosphere, both in the showings and the café, etc. There were some films I would never have found without KIFF, so thank you for that – and some others I had heard of but not seen, so was delighted to have the opportunity.
Well done and thanks to everyone." - AS, Kilmersdon
- "Congratulations to reel people - what a wonderful festival you have organised - we so enjoyed the films we saw!" - C&JBS, Frome
- "A very big THANK YOU to you ALL for such an enjoyable weekend. The food, friendship, films and fun were extra special! You all put in so much hard work - thank you once more!" - J&LM, Frome
- "... what a fantastic weekend - and how lucky we were with the weather. Very many thanks to all involved with putting on such an amazing feat - I have a sharp eye and do not miss much and love the happy smiles you all put on - I know what it is like behind the scenes - you make it all look so easy - but it is not - to reach success it has to be perfectly planned and executed and you all did it 100%. I was exhausted running home between films - so have no idea how you all felt!
It is appreciated, I hear about and praise 'Reel People' very much. It has class - and I like that." - J&YK, Kilmersdon
- Following thanks to Charles Hazlewood for introducing U Carmen...
"A great pleasure. What a wonderful thing you've got going there!" - CH, Official Supporter of KIFF